Sunday, November 20, 2011

Three Date Weekend

I was all set for a three date weekend.  Not exactly an avalanche of men, but enough to make me feel like I'm giving this dating thing a good old college try.  Here's what went down:

Date #1: Nice enough guy, I suppose.  If he could relax enough to actually be interesting.  I think we had a good time together, because I love it when I have things in common with guys I'm talking to.  Like finding out that we both like talking about my favorite thing: ME!  Okay, so we weren't just talking about me, but I was completely driving the convo.  Aside from following me down the rabbit hole of whatever I wanted to discuss, I managed to unwittingly make him explain an awkward sitch.

Said topic requiring explanation? "Why I live with my mom."  His explanation seemed to indicate that mom lived with him, not the other way around.  In general, I'm not sure that I'm against adults sharing a home with a single parent... I've known several people who have done this, at least for awhile.  What did bug me was that he was so uncomfortable with the whole situation and nervous about what I'd think.

Now, fellas, I actually love it when you care enough about what I'll think that you do things like show up on time, laugh at my jokes, and make sure to smell nice.  Ah, freshly-showered men.  What I'm not a fan of is a lack of confidence.  Of course a date with me should make you a little nervous.  I'm awesome.  By the same token, you should be awesome enough to make me a little nervous too (gosh, he's so cool, I hope he likes me!).  And you should know just exactly how awesome you are.

So, no love connection there.  On the plus side, our bartender was adorable and fun.  Had to leave that as a minor flirting incident, since I decided it would be tacky to slip him my digits while clearly spending time with another guy.  Or is that fine in these modern, sexy times we live in?

Date #2 & #3: Called on account of me feeling under the weather.  Hung over, you say?  Bygones. Those are being rescheduled and I'll report back if there's anything good to know and tell.

TTFN - Hugs and puppies,

Betty

No comments:

Post a Comment